Sunday, February 27, 2011

Best. Day. Ever.

So I finally get to post again. After a long day that I can officially categorize under 'The most fulfilling day ever' line of my life. After getting my ass thrashed by an expertly trained and armed elite soldier, I spent two hours on a boat off the coast of New Jersey having scotch with him as we discussed the finer points of sewing, knitting and baking. Oh, I'm sorry, that's not entirely true, but I'm not stupid enough to tell you what we actually talked about. After that, we sailed back into the marina, we parted ways with a hand shake and a mutual acknowledgment that the government/P.T.C didn't waste money on our training.

Then I get back home and find a ring box on the ground outside Kay's home. A ring box with a note on it that I mistakenly assumed was a gift from a suitor. I took it inside, woke Kay up from her vigil at the window and went to take a shower after my romp through mud, bullets and knives. Fun fact, I'm five shades of purple, blue and a strange admixture of brown-red right now.

I get out of the shower and find Kay in the hallway, practically dead white. I had set the ring box on the hallway table and it turned out that it was not from a suitor. Kay seemed terrified until I told her I had brought it in...Where she promptly went flaming pissed because of who had brought it. I'll save that story for her, because it's hers to tell.

The next part is the good part.

We're in the hall. And I realize that for some reason, I hate seeing her like that. The pain, the terror, it's almost like it hurts me to see it in her. And I just started...Talking. Like I haven't in years. Calming her fears, letting her get herself calmed down, flirting when she had calmed down. Admitting things I haven't even admitted people closest to me. And it wasn't just me. I think we both felt the bond and we both knew we didn't have enough time to let it go naturally. I kissed her. She kissed me back.

No, you don't get to know where that led. She is a great woman and I don't kiss and tell beyond to confirm that yes, we did kiss.

Now I'm sitting in the living room watching her type away at her own computer and I can't help smiling. every few seconds.

I know what tonight means. It means He shows back up, we both sit with each other at the window for the rest of the night as we watch Him watch us, as we both fight the fear and the madness. And I know what tomorrow brings. Her leaving as I make plans to leave soon and go find out what awaits me in Ireland.


But I know that every moment I get to spend with her is a good one. And I think that even in the end, I'll never regret this. There is no question we're going to die, the only question for me is 'How will I die?' The answer?

Smiling, thinking about today.

7 comments:

  1. Um, Spender? That would be my sister you kissed.

    I kinda feel a little dirty now, just reading that.

    -Lucien

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...

    Really? Did people need to know that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I admittedly forgot that you read the blogs, Lucien...I mean, uh...Ahem.

    And I was trying to explain why I went from quite dour to incredibly content with my life. I doubt 'Kay and I had a nice talk' would have sufficed to explain why. I'll obviously take details out if you like.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seems rather silly at this point, I just...

    I'll talk to you when get home from work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. please... something has happened, and i don't know what to do. i can't think of anyone else to turn to. i don't know what to do.

    http://tensorproduct.blogspot.com/2011/02/end-game.html

    i... i don't even know them, but... i don't know what to do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. tensor just gave these coordinates, but i have no idea if he's lying or not.

    41.4599596
    -124.0050387

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll see what I can do, but I can't drop everything this time. I've got too many other irons in the fire that to drop them all now will basically ruin a lot of lives in very short order.

    I'm sending requests to the P.T.C and a few others.

    ReplyDelete